Sunday, August 4, 2013

Well.. I teach HIGH SCHOOL now!

     Hey! This will be a short post, but I had to put something out here so you wouldn't think I had forgotten all about this whole blog.... 
     Our summer has been incredible. We have searched and planned for 8 years to buy a place in Florida. The stars aligned, a child graduated from college, the price was right and WE DID IT! We bought the most amazing place. Ocean out the front door, inland waterway out the back. Sunrises and sunsets. We spent all summer there, worked hard the first three weeks to get it all ready and furnished, then relaxed. All. Summer. Long. Have I said it was amazing? Honestly, blessed beyond measure. 
     We came home last Tuesday so we could start pre-planning Wednesday. It is going to be a whole new world for me since I took a position at the high school level this year. I have wanted to take that plunge for a while now and the opportunity presented itself. I am in a huge school (3500 students!) teaching EBD students. My new school is Title I. I am driving about 20 minutes to get there each day. I actually have to get on the highway! Now... for the past 15 years at my previous school, I was less than one mile from my house. I never even had time to hear a song on the radio! This is quite a change in and of itself. And, I have to get up at 4:45 to walk the dog, get ready, and leave the house by 6:00 each morning. In short though, I love it. I am excited for the opportunity and even more excited about my job. I have always loved what I do, but I needed to shake things up a bit. 
    So - next time you visit the site, it will look a little bit different. I am even changing the name. I am excited to share and hope you will share right back. High school classroom reveal in a few days.... See you soon!

Mrs. Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment